Blackjack will always be one of the most popular casino game of all time, whether you are playing in a land-based, live or online casino. It doesn’t matter if you are a new, regular, or experienced or maybe somewhere in between.
However, with the explosion of online play in today’s modern technological environment, the number of players playing from their own homes or even using mobile devices while on the go is increasing every day. Now, thanks to the fun-filled version of Blackjack, online players can enjoy a fun-filled game 24 hours a day and 365 days a year! That’s right Blackjack lovers; you can fire up the laptop or sit down at your desktop or possibly whip out your tablet or mobile device and enjoy one of the most popular casino games of all-time.
Better yet, our experienced support staff is available to provide you with any assistance you need, 24 hours a day whether you’re playing for fun or playing for actual real money!
How to Start Playing Blackjack Online at BigSpinCasino
The first thing you are required to know about playing Blackjack at BigSpinCasino is that all your financial transactions are kept safe and secure with our encrypted security system. We also feature modern graphics, along with flawless connections and the latest multitude of gaming software on a simple platform that is easy to navigate.
A Brief History of Blackjack
There has been not a clear history about when Blackjack began, but most experts tend to agree it was around 1700. It’s believed to have originated in French casinos and was referred to as ‘Vingt-et-un,’ which in French means the number 21.
Most experts agree that Blackjack historically initiated from the French card games, Chemin de Fer, and French Ferme, which were widely popular at that time.
While the game’s rules were vastly different from the ones used in today’s times, the game was known as ‘21′ until it gained popularity in Nevada in 1931 as the State first chose to make gambling legal. To boost its popularity, many casinos offered a special kind of bet: A hand featuring either of the blackjacks (the Jack of Spades or that of Clubs) plus the Ace of Spades would pay 10-to-1 odds on the lucky player’s bet. Although casinos later discontinued this peculiar payout, the name ‘blackjack’ or ‘black jack’ remained and had been called that ever since.
Now, with the vast increase in technology in recent years, Blackjack can be played online on different platforms in addition to live casinos. These advances have helped boost the popularity of the age-old game even more now that players can play anywhere!
One of the very best aspects of playing Blackjack is its timeless simplicity. No matter how many players there are, you’re always playing against the dealer.
The value of each chip is displayed on the game’s main screen. Place the amount you want to wager to start in the designated area then hit ‘Deal’ to receive your cards. You are left with two cards, one facing up while the other one faces down.
Then, depending on the cards you received and their total sum, you can then either ‘Hit’ to get another card from the dealer or ‘stand’ to stay with the cards you already have. A 3rd option is also available, and that allows you to ‘split’ if you received a ‘pair’ meaning two of the same cards (e.g., 6-6, or 9-9). Splitting allows you to make two separate hands with two different bets. Each available option is always displayed on the screen and in plain view.
The player always makes the first move, and the idea is to come as close to 21 without going over that figure or ‘bust’ as it’s called when this happens. Once the dealer completes his turn, the two hands are compared and whoever has come closest to 21, wins. If both hands finish in a draw (often called a push), the player will have their wager (or stake) returned to the bankroll.
Each card from 2-10 is represented by its numerical value. Face cards such as the Jack, Queen or King, Queen are valued at ten each. The Ace card is the game’s most coveted card and can be assessed either at 1 of 11.
The object of the game and the best hand possible is to get Blackjack, which is a combination of one ace (A) and a face card (J, Q, K) or a 10. This hand also awards the highest payout at 3:2.
Strategy and Tips
While every player has their plan for playing Blackjack, some old tips can help you be more successful no matter which approaches you prefer.
Bonus Baby: As the old saying goes, ‘If it’s free, it’s for me’ in simple words can be; getting some free cash is never a bad thing. There is a variety of methods to use your extra money, and ultimately, it gives you more opportunities to win as well. Of course, there are a bunch of different bonuses such as welcome bonuses, reload bonuses, match bonuses and extra bonuses on specific game titles. However, it is of significant advantage to note that these bonuses have rules and restrictions so make sure you read them so you can know when and how you can apply your rewards.
Manage That Bankroll: It doesn’t matter which casino game you’re playing or how much you have in your bankroll. Managing your bankroll by setting betting limits for yourself is always a wise thing to do. Create a betting plan and stick to it.
Be Informed: The most important tip that you need to know is to be informed. You are required to read and comprehend the rules and regulations before you ever begin playing. It can help you maximize your betting bankroll in a big way.
Here’s a quick review of the available buttons you’ll see when you sit at our blackjack tables.
- Deal: This button starts the ‘deal’ action once all wagers are in place.
- Double/Double Down: The double down option is only available at the start of a game with the two initial cards. This button allows players to put in an additional bet for the same exact amount as the first wager and draw a single card to see the result.
- Hit: This button allows the player to receive another card from the dealer to try to improve their hand. Of course, if you go over 21, you’re busted!
- Insurance: In today’s Blackjack, any player can take ‘insurance’ against the dealer getting a blackjack and only losing 1/2 of their wager.
- Split: Remember, if you have a pair (e.g., 8-8) you can split the pair to make two separate hands to play during that round. You’ll quickly see when the option is available to click. Remember that your second hand will carry another wager for the same amount as the original wager.
- Stand: This states you don’t want to receive any more cards and prefer to keep your hand as it is. The dealer finishes playing his/her hand and then both sides are compared. As always, if your hand beats the dealer’s, you will receive a payout.
- Re-bet: This button allows you to make a bet using the same amount as previously wagered.
We’ve compiled a basic glossary that will help you understand some of the basic and most common terms so that you can hit the tables with confidence.
- Bankroll: This terminology refers to the total funds available to you in your Real Money account.
- Bet: This is the amount you are risking on a specific wager.
- Betting Limits: Each game has a maximum and minimum amount you can bet.
- Blackjack: The combination of one ace (A) and either a face card (J-Q-K) or a 10. This becomes the most coveted hand you can get and has a payout of 3:2.
- Bust: This means that the total value of your hand has gone over 21 points. For example Q-5-8
- Bust Card: The “bust” card is the one that makes you go over 21.
- Draw: If the player and the dealer have identical hands or identical totals with a different combination of cards, it’s a draw, and your original wager is returned to your bankroll.
- Even Money: This terminology refers to any winning bet that matches your initial bet amount, and that pays out a return equal to the original bet (1:1).
- Hole Card: The card that is dealt face down is referred to as the ‘hole’ card.
- Wager: A ‘wager’ is just another way to say “bet”.
How to Open an Account and Play for Real Money
The procedure is ordinarily easy to understand and follow:
Just select the ‘Real Money’ option on our website and then click on “Create Account.”
You’ll have a form to fill out, and you must complete the required fields. Once you’ve read and understood the terms and conditions, click the Agree box and hit the Create button to activate your account. You will receive an e-mail confirming the account.
After doing this, you’ll need to add funds to your account. Click on Cashier and pick the deposit method that’s best for you, place the amount you want to deposit and follow the instructions to complete the transaction. Once the money is available in your account balance, you can start playing for real cash.